Monday, April 25, 2011

Things I Want to Do

Now that I am *almost* finished with grad school (only one more test left!) there are some things I want to do. I am not going to know what to do with myself with all this free time!
Ways to occupy myself:
*Take a sewing class. I have a sewing machine, but I have no clue how to use it! I have tons of Tri Delta shirts and Camp shirts that I need to make into a quilt.
*Read for FUN! I've almost forgotten what it feels like to go to a book store and look for a book for me, something I WANT to read. Not something for school or for my classroom, but just for me.
* Organize my house. Go through room by room and organize, throw away and de-clutter!
*Spend more time at the gym- I won't have the "but I have to study excuse" to use anymore!
*Begin swimming again...this kind of goes along with the gym.
*Take a cooking class. I know the basics, and I can figure most things out in the kitchen, but I want to learn how to make things from scratch. I want to make my own pasta and learn how to create my own recipes.
*Spend more time with friends...I've had to turn down wayyyyyy to many invites because I had to study or work on a project or take a test.
*Take a photography class. I want a cool camera and I want to know how to take amazing pictures and play with them on the computer.
*Write. I love writing, but it seems I never have the time.

Wow, I'm going to need to quit more than grad school to tackle this list!

7 comments:

  1. Good list! Grad school is rough...Woohoo for being finished!
    -jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have almost an identical list, except the writing part! :) You're so close and I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this means we get to hang out??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will take a cooking class with you! I love Central Market classes...and if you get Aperture for your computer, you won't need a super cool camera. I have two: a Canon Power Shot and a Nikon P100 (I opted to not do the SLR because I wanted a video camera build in where I could quickly switch from video to stills, although, I hear an SLR just came out that also does that) and love them both! I can do some massive editing. Of course, I have had NO time doing this, but in the short time I have played with it, it's been way awesome. Apple One to One can give you lessons and if you want to do that, but Preslie's demanding schedule does NOT permit for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about learning to sew, as well! I am willing to be your buddy in the classes you take! I don't have the patience for photography, but I always enjoy looking at other people's pictures! Great list! And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I do all of these things with you?! Good list!

    ReplyDelete