Sunday, April 15, 2012

An Engagement Story

I am very happy to announce that
WILL AND I ARE ENGAGED!!!


Here are the answers to all of your questions:
What does the ring look like?
Note...these are not the best pictures...light wasn't great today when I took pictures, but this will give you an idea!

Detail

"He went to Jared!"

Side detail...so much prettier in person!



How did he do it?
We were in Lafayette visiting my family for the Easter weekend.  Saturday night, he made reservations at Cafe Vermillionville, one of my favorite restuarants.  During dinner, he was fairly quiet and let me do most of the talking. After a wonderful dinner, Will want to go "walk in the garden" on the side of Cafe V.  While we were in one of the darker corners (he knew I didn't want people watching) he told me he loved me very much and if it was ok if he asked me a very important question.  Even though I was kind of expecting it, my heart still started racing.  When I said yes, he dropped down onto one knee, pulled the ring box out of his pocket and asked me to marry him!  Of course I said YES!!!  Afterwards, we celebrated with coffee and dessert at CC's Coffeehouse and began making phone calls to tell people our news! 

When is the wedding?
We meet with the church coordinator on Tuesday evening to officially put our date on the calendar, but we are shooting for an afternoon wedding in June of 2013. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your story and your ring!!! I'm so happy for y'all!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! CONGRATS!!! Your ring is gorg!

    ReplyDelete