Monday, September 17, 2012

Color Me Rad!

A few months ago, I found this awesome deal on Groupon for the Color Me Rad 5k.  The Color Run (similar idea, different compamy) came to Dallas last year, but registration was full before we were able to register.  When I saw the Groupon, I knew we had to do it!  I bought the Groupon, then texted a few friends and invited them too!

I downloaded the Couck-to-5k app, and Will and I started running in the evenings.  I'm so not a runner, so this was a struggle for me.  Put me in a pool and I can swim all day, but running has never been my forte.  I think the words "I hate you" came out of my mouth a few times while we were running. 

Bright and early on the morning of the race, Josh, Lauren, Jessica, and Greer swung by the house and picked us up, then we headed to Fort Worth! 

Don't we look all nice and clean! 

Me and Greer

Josh and Will acting tough

We knew at some point we would be seperated, so we came up with a meeting point after the race.  It was a good thing too, because we were seperated before we even started running! 


This was not a normal 5k, at each K mark, color was either thrown at you or sprayed on you.  Apparently, the "color" was cornstarch that was dyed.  People actually volunteer to throw/spray color on you as you run! 

At the end of the run, they give you color packets for the "color throw".  An announcer will start a countdown and everyone throws their color in the air...it's a trainwreck, but so much fun!

color throw

The girls (and Will)

Our group after the run!

This is what you look like after the Color Me Rad 5k

We will definitely be doing this next year!

1 comment: