Saturday, October 13, 2012

Playing catch up

I feel like I've been a bad blogger lately.  I haven't been blogging, I haven't even been reading other people's blogs.  I honestly think this is the first time in two weeks that I've even turned on my personal laptop.  There has just been too much going on lately! 

A few weeks ago, our friend Ann (the one who introduced me to Will), Amanda, and Becky hosted a great engagement party for us!  We were surrounded by love!  My mom flew in, Will's parents and sister drove up, and many of our friends came to celebrate our engagement! 

While my mom was down, we did our cake tastings, picked our baker, and ordered the cake!  One more thing off the list! We also looked at a few florists, but I still have one more to visit before I make my final decision. 

Last weekend we took our engagement pictures and I absoutely cannot wait to see them! Due to weather issues, we had to re-schedule a few times, but it was totally worth the wait!  I also had to do a last minute wardrobe switch as the weather was about 40 degrees colder than I had planned for (stupid Texas weather, the next day it was back to the 80s), but some outfits I wasn't willing to part with and we just sucked it up and beared the cold!  If you need an awesome, fun photographer, I would totally recommend Kasey!!!

My wedding dress has also come in!  I haven't been to pick it up yet, but I'm so excited to!!! 

Work has been killing me lately...I've never felt like I'm drowning as much as I am now.  I come home and I am mentally and physically exhausted.  I'm in bed by around 9:30, but I still wake up feeling tired.  The weather has been changing here, so of course that's not helping anything. 

Will sold his house!  Come Wednesday, he will officially be homeless, as in he doesn't own a home, as in there will only be 1 mortgage between us!  That is until we find a house that we want to be our home.  I'm not looking forward to house shopping, it frustrates me beyond end.  I'm not a person who can take out other people's furniture and put mine in in my head.  I have trouble imagining a different color on the walls.  So if it doesn't look good to me on site, I don't like it...I'm weird like that.  I also am easily annoyed when I can't find something I like right away.  These two things together do not make for an easy house shopping experience.   Our relator has been sending me houses to look at on-line, so that has helped to weed out some and hopefully make the process better for me. 

We have been moving his stuff out of his house and into a storage unit.  Luckily, Will's friend Chris helped him with the big stuff, THANKS, CHRIS!!!

I think that's it for now (as if that wasn't enough).  I'll try to do better at updating!

No comments:

Post a Comment