Thursday, February 7, 2013

Red Spills

I have never been a clumsy person.  I have great balance, I don't drop things often, and I generally lead an accident free life...until this week. 

I don't know if it's stress and trying to do too many things at once, or if I'm just off balance, but this week has been crazy!  Tuesday evening, I was unpacking from a quick trip to Houston for a conference.   As I was putting away my bathroom stuff, I dropped a small (thankfully) bottle of red (and I mean RED) nail polish on the tiled bathroom floor.  RED. SPOTS. EVERYWHERE.  One trip to Walmart at 9:45 PM, two bottles of nail polish remover, and about an hour spent on our hands and knees later, my bathroom floor was cleaned.  Other than the tinges of red in the grout, you really can't tell.  Then of course I had to clean the floor since we were using acetone remover. 

This morning, I decided to actually use the Keurig coffee maker we received as a Christmas gift.  We have been using our regular coffee pot, but we are out of coffee since I didn't go to the store this weekend (let's face it, if I didn't go grocery shopping, we would starve...or at least be a little thinner).  So as I am pulling the box out of the pantry, I knock over a bottle of red wine.  RED. WINE. EVERYWHERE.  Are you seeing the red theme?!?  So I had to clean red wine off the floor at 7 AM today, BEFORE I had even had my coffee. 

I'm staying away from the color red indefinitely. 

On a positive note, my floors are incredibly clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment