Sunday, February 20, 2011

To Do Lists

Everyone has their little "quirk"...one of my many is making "To Do Lists". I have note pads stashed in every drawer of my house and in my classroom. Notebooks, scrap pieces of paper, computer, iPhone notes, all house my to do lists. Part of my obsession is that I won't remember to do all the things on my list if I don't write them down; the other part is the pure satisfaction of crossing things OFF my "To Do Lists". I do all the work of writing out my extensive lists, just to cross things off!

As soon as I finish a task that I know is on my list, the first thing I want to do is cross it off of my list. I know I've had a productive day when I have crossed off EVERYTHING on my list and nothing is left for the next day! When I leave something on my list, it has to go on the top of the next day's list and I don't feel right until I get those things accomplished.

Sometimes I get too overzealous with lists and put waaaayyyyyy too many items on the list. Between teaching two subjects that are so totally different, coaching, going to grad school, trying to have something of a social life, and trying to sleep every night, sometimes I just can't get everything accomplished and I am trying to learn to deal with that fact. It's not always easy, and sometimes I can be really hard on myself when I don't cross off all items on my list. I have to learn that it is ok to not do it all, to not be it all, and that's a hard lesson to learn. I've always been the girl who can pull anything off and can make everything "look" easy, even when it's not...

So with all this being said...I've crossed off everything on my lists for the past two days and I already have my list started for next week! Of course I have two of them made up, a personal one and a work one, plus I have my study calendar. Hopefully staying organized over these next three weeks will get me through to spring break when the only thing on my list will be to lie on the beach and soak up some sun!

L

2 comments:

  1. You KNOW how I feel about lists... I am so glad that you are joining the blogging world! Also, there is a great "everything" calendar on www.erincondren.com that you may love!

    http://www.erincondren.com/calendar/planner1011/goodies/?phpMyAdmin=36c4cf59f6dt38987974

    ReplyDelete