Thursday, June 21, 2012

Why I love summer!

1.  On average, I've washed my hair 2-3x per week, and dried/flat ironed it once a week (for church).  Yes, I do still shower every day, but hair is not my priority.  My hair has been in a pony tail everyday since summer started!


2.  I get to sleep in, although, sleeping in is sleeping until 6:30-7.  I'm not one who can go back to sleep after waking up, so I go ahead and get up and get started with my day.  I guess this is good practice for when Will and I start a family.  Anyway, 6:30 is better than 6:00! 


3.  Water!  I've always loved being in the water (duh, I'm a swimmer!).  I've been in several pools, water parks, and lakes this year.  I thought I would be deprived when my parents moved to Seattle, leaving me without a backyard pool to visit, but boy was I wrong!  And summer is not even over yet! 


4.  I get to make my own schedule! I get to decide when to go to the gym, when to eat, when to get dressed, etc.  Love it!


5.  Reading, reading, reading!  I've already finished 3 books, and have a stacks of books ready to read!


6.  Traveling!  I won't leave for another week, but I get to make my annual trek to sweet home Alabama to go to my favorite place in the entire world, Camp Smile a Mile!


7.  Will and I have broken the mold of normal date nights.  Last weekend we went bowling at Main Event and then kayaking/swimming on Lake Grapevine.  I'm so glad we enjoying doing things like this together!


8.  Planning our wedding!  While I second guess everything I do, stress over picking a photographer and break down a cry over small details, I know everything will be great on June 15, 2013, because I will be walking down the aisle to spend the rest of my life with the man that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment