Sunday, March 17, 2013

Finally!!!

I've been MIA from the blogging world for awhile, but things have been pretty stressful around here!  I'm very happy to report that one stressor has been removed...
 
My townhouse has SOLD!
 
Since we bought the forever house in December, we did a few surface renovations, and moved in.  My townhouse went on the market in mid-January, and had a contract on it in 6 days.  6. Days.  Plus, we got what we wanted for it, which was a huge relief.  The inspection asked for an AC service, but that's it, which made it very easy.  I am so blessed that we got a quick contract on it, and then even more blessed that the 10 day option period expired before the townhouse next to me went into foreclosure, that would have been dreadful if I didn't have my contract. 
 
The process of closing on the house was the most stressful part, especially when the title company calls 2 hours before I'm supposed to be signing papers to say the closing has been post-poned.  Then my realtor tells me she is going out of town, so the closing is pushed back a few more days. 
 
The closing was re-scheduled for Friday at 4:30, the last possible appointment of the week.  My stomach was in knots all day on Friday, and every time my phone went off, my heart dropped a little.  I was still on edge when we walked into the office, but relaxed when they told me they were gathering all the papers for me to sign.  It was finally done!  I never imagined that it would sell so quickly! 
 
While I am sad that I no longer own the townhouse, I am so excited to close that chapter.  I had a great life in that little house, and it was perfect for what I needed at that time.  Those walls heard many laughs, many tears, many friendly voices, and much love.  I am so thankful that I was able to be a homeowner at such a young age, and it really helped me know what I really want in my forever home!  I'm so excited about our new home and can't wait to make even more memories here in this new chapter of my life! 

1 comment: