Sunday, March 17, 2013

Our Forever Home

Several people have been asking to see pictures of our forever home, especially since we moved in and changed things.  I wanted to wait until we had everything done, and that meant having everything moved out of the townhouse.  While it was on the market, the townhouse still had some furniture, so it could be staged.  Now that the townhouse offically sold, we officially moved everything out and in the forever house!  I'm finally ready to show pictures!

This is the before/after of the eat-in kitchen, the very large eat-in kitchen! We took down the awful valences (that were hung up on tree branches, literal tree branches- first thing to go), had the wallpaper taken down, textured the walls and painted the kitchen.  Really opens it up! We also moved the light fixture to the formal dining.


 
More kitchen views:

 
Family room, all we did here was put a fresh coat of paint on the walls

 
 
Formal dining, a fresh coat of paint and changed light fixture.

 
Formal living, we are using this as an "office" for the time being, as the "office" room upstairs will be the nursery when we have kids.



 
Master bedroom, new paint! I absoutely love this color!
 
 


(I promise we make the bed, but CC decides to unmake it when she wants to burrow under the covers.)

Master bath, we haven't done anything yet, but I eventually I want the wall paper to come down!

I didn't clean off the counter before I took the picture!

 
Second living room (upstairs) got a new paint color.
 
 

 
Guest bedroom #1, no change.
 


 
Guest bedroom #2, new paint.

 
Full bath #1 upstairs, the wallpaper coming down is my summer project!
 
There are two more rooms and one more full bath upstairs.  The room directly at the top of the stairs will be the nursery eventually.  The other is actually a finished attic space, that will be a playroom/craft room.  It has sloped ceilings, so it may not bed a bedroom, unless one of the kids really wants it down the road. 
There is also a half bath downstairs, just off the laundry room (but I don't like pictures with toilets in them).
 
We have an amazing backyard with lots of rooms for dogs to run and play, and plenty of squirrels for them to bark at.  I love our neighborhood and our neighbors have been great so far! 
 
I honestly don't think I could have dreamed up a better house.  While there are surface things that I want changed due to my tastes, the house is perfect.  We have tons of attic space for storage, and more than enough rooms.  I absoutely love cooking in my new kitchen and have amazing counter/prep space, and more cabinet space than I can fill up right now (but I'm working on that). 
 
We are so happy to call this our forever home! 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment