Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gettin Crafty

So I'm sure by now, everyone's heard of Pintrest...well it's my newest addiction.  Some of the stuff I know I will never have, but it's nice to dream!  I'm the girl that cuts things out of magazines and keeps them in proctive sleeves in binders.  Most of these things I will never do because I don't think I am artsy enough to do them, but if I ever got that itch, I have the instructions. 

Pintrest let's me organize without the hassle of cutting/tearing out of magazines...GENIUS!

Anyway...today, I got the itch...On Pintrest, I saw a cute idea for a dry erase board. I pinned it to my wall and kept it in the back of my little head.  This morning (after recovering from a major sinus headache that kept me in bed until about 10:30- so not like me) I decided to run to Ulta to get some makeup and realized that Michael's is right next to Ulta.  I decided to wander in and see what they had.  After looking around for a bit, I grabbed a basket and started buying.  When I got home, I began to attempt the project. Ignore CC...she doesn't understand why I would take a picture without her in it. 

Step 1- Find picture frames and spray paint them whatever color you want.  I choose white because it would go with anything and if I decide to change out the paper on the inside, it wouldn't clash.  (I'm still trying to completely figure out my camera settings, sorry some pictures aren't the best color quality.)  The flower pot is for a different project, focus on the frames. 


Step 2- While frames are drying, cut scrapbook paper to the size you need.  I just traced the silly picure paper from the frame and used my handy-dandy paper cutter.  If you don't have a paper cutter, I highly suggest you get one...scissors are so overrated. 

Step 3- Find some ribbon that compliments your paper choice.  I think I chose nicely.  Cut some ribbon and tie into a bow with the strings hanging down. 

Step 4- Hot glue those beautifully tied ribbons to the back of the picture frames.  I removed the stuff on the back that allows you to hang or stand the picture up. 





Step 5- Hang and enjoy!  Use dry erase markers to leave little notes!




I plan on putting them outside my office doors so when I am on one campus, I can leave notes for the other campus, or if I'm at a meeting and not on either campus.  LOVE this idea and I'm quite impressed at how they turned out!

Stay tuned to see if I decide to try more! 

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Winck, well done!!! I am eager to do this one, too...someday! :)

    ReplyDelete