Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Date to the Water Gardens

I've been wanting to visit the Water Gardens in Fort Worth for some time now.  We tried to go a few weeks ago, but we got there around 9:30 and it was already shut off (even though the sign says they are open until 11:00 pm...liars). 

Anyway, we had no plans on Saturday morning, the A&M game wasn't until 2:30 and the Auburn game wasn't televised.  Will and I decided to venture out to the Water Gardens late in the morning.  It was a beautiful day, there was a breeze that was actually cool, the sky was a brilliant blue and you could be outside without being miserable...this hasn't happened in several months!  I hadn't taken my camera out for a good photo session since I took my first photography class, so I was anxious to try it out.  I had fun playing with the ISO, the aperture and the shutter speed (sounds so official).  I'm actually understanding what it means to take a good picture. 

The pics are award winning, but I'm pretty proud of them...here are just a few of my favorites!


The Aerated Pool

The Active Pool...by far my favorite.  You can actually walk down into it!

It was SO loud!



Steps going down


Will on top of the mountain

The quiet pool...so calm



Water quietly coming down the rocks

We finished the morning off with lunch at Mellow Mushroom!  I may regret introducing Will to their pizza, it's all he wants now! It was a GREAT date! 

No comments:

Post a Comment