Sunday, August 28, 2011

Taking my own advice

Earlier this week, I was talking to a great friend who is taking a year to really get to know herself.  She has set awesome goals for herself, and I could not be prouder of her.  She is already an amazing girl, but I know after this year she will be even more amazing!  As we were talking she said she was struggling a little bit with her goals, she didn't want to lose her focus and stray.  I asked her if she had written everything down and had it in a place where she can see it.  She has started a blog and will update with her progress, so that helps to keep her accountable, but I suggested to her that she write things down where she can see it each day.  The next day she sent me a picture of something she posted on her mirror so she could see it all the time. 

I've decided to take my own advice and hold myself more accountable for my goals.  Now that I have a new job and different responsibilities I have set new goals for myself.  Some a physical goals like working out more and eating better, some are more spiritual goals and some are more personal goals.  I have my goals written down, but I recently bought a journal so I can write about them a few times a week.  I thought about setting a new goals of writing everyday, but I think that is setting myself up for failure, so right now I am going for a minimum of 3 times a week for tracking myself.    Hopefully, I can build up to writing more often and keeping better track of myself, but for now, I am starting off small. 

1 comment: