Monday, March 26, 2012

17 hours on a bus

When I woke up Friday morning, my bottom lip felt a little weird.  When I looked at it in the mirror, I noticed my lip was about 2x the normal size!  To say I freaked out is an understatement, this had never happened before and I didn't know what to do.  After calling my mom, we decided I must have had some kind of allergic reaction to something (we still don't know to what) and I went on the search for some Benadryl.  After hiding from as many people as I could, and explaining it a few times, I finally found some meds and relaxed a little. 

After loading the bus, I got as comfortable as I could and settled in to let the Benadryl put me to sleep.  When I woke up about 4 hours later, I could feel my lip was a little less swollen, but I still took more when we got off on the next stop.  I slept on and off throughout the day. 

We stopped for dinner in Groom, TX.  In Groom, there is a life size Stations of the Cross and a beautiful, huge cross.  We got there at sunset and enjoyed another breathtaking view!   As a group, we prayed the Stations and then fixed peanut butter and jelly, egg salad, or tuna sandwiches. 


We herded back on the bus and settled in for the 7 hour trip back home.  I think we were ALL ready to be home and off that bus!

Sidenote- I have the best boyfriend in the world for waking up in the middle of the night, picking me up at church at 2:30 AM to bring me (and my bags) back home and tucking me into bed! 

2 comments: