Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ski Retreat Day 2

Tuesday morning when I woke up, I found myself in an adorable room at our great ski lodge in Colorado!  Not a bad way to wake up! 
Alex and I donned our ski gear, woke up the girls, and headed down to breakfast. 
Everyone made their own lunch before leaving the lodge in the morning...think of 60 people all making sack lunches...I wish I would have gotten a picture of that! 

We were shuttled to the mountain and the skiing/snowboarding began! Those more experienced/confident went off on the lifts...those of us who weren't...well we went off to our "lesson" from Ed. 
Lesson #1 - putting on your skis...I had never put on skis so I had no clue.  I place my boot in the ski, lean back on my heel and NO CLICK!  After further investigation, we realized that one of the high schoolers grabbed my skis by mistake.  Only reason we realized this was because his skis weren't "clicking" either.  Jordan and I switched skis and we went back to clicking.  Being on skis for the first time was one of the weirdest feelings ever!  It's like having huge, heavy feet and feeling awfully clumsy! 

Lesson #2- skiing- NOT so easy for me, I fell several times my first "run" down the mountain.  You will be happy to know though that I have MASTERED getting up from falling...yep, mastered it! 

Lesson #3- stopping- luckily, I mastered this as well...it's not hard to stop when you aren't going very fast! 

Lesson #4- getting on/off the ski lift.  Not as easy as it looks and quite frankly, I was terrified the first time! 

After going down the bunny hill successfully (aka- not falling) I learned the most important lesson of the day...

Lesson #5- DRINK WATER- LOTS OF IT.  Yep, I got altitude sickness the first day, go me!


At night we had a "beauty pagent" (that didn't have any beauties), a survivor game, and a trivia night! 


1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Man....I missed out! (But I don't know how to ski either!)

    ReplyDelete