Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Big 3-0!

I was nervous, I mean REALLY nervous for this birthday!  I'm not sure if I thought I would suddenly wake up with gray hair and wrinkles or what, but I was dreading turning 30! 

When I got to school, several people wished me a happy birthday, before I even got to my office.  Once I turned the hall to my office I knew why!
I had to sneak CC into the pics...she's just too cute! 
Anyway, the office staff at Lone Star decorated my office, had a cake, and even sang happy birthday to me!  I work with AMAZING people!!!

Throughout the day, I got tons of calls, texts, fb messages, etc from the awesome people in my life!  I hope I got a chance to thank each and every one of them!!!

When I got home, there were packages and cards just begging to be opened!  Then Will took me out to a fabulous dinner at Reunion Tower in Dallas, and we had dinner and got to "spin around the city"! Dinner was good, but dessert was AMAZING!  Chocolate souffle with cream fresh, chocolate ice cream, and warm chocolate syrup!  It was TOTALLY worth the calories!





Will ordered the painting on the top for me.  We had seen the artist at her booth at Southlake Art in the Square and I mentioned that I liked it, so he contacted her and had this one done especially for me!  She even signed the back of it! He also gave me the beautiful red roses!  My mom and Wayne gave me the print on the bottom right...they have a few prints by the same artist hanging in their house.  I also got a new Vera Bradley computer bag for work, a super cute summer scarf and lots and lots of love for my birthday! 

I guess 30 isn't so bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment