Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Square One

Wedding planning is back at square one. 
After some long, hard nights (and lots of tears), Will and I have decided to not get married in the church.  The annulment process is going to take too many months and neither of us want to wait that long.  I know people are going to judge us for this, but those people can just not come to the wedding! I'm not going to publicize the gory details of the past two weeks, but let's just say I've been crying more than I've not been. 

I have officially started my search for a wedding venue!  My mom and I have found some great things on-line and now I get to go visit them in person!  My first appointment is on Thursday at a place called Piazzia in the Villiage (when I first saw the name on-line, I read "pizza" and checked my search to make sure I typed in the right thing!).  Thursday at 4, Greer and I (and of course O) will go and probably ask none of the right questions, but I bet we have fun!

I am taking suggestions of questions to ask, things to do, ways to keep calm and how not to make this a ten million dollar event! 

Things I have:
A beautiful wedding dress and veil
4 amazing bridesmaids
A very patient groom who lets me freak out on an almost daily basis and just nods and smiles at me a lot

Things I need:
shoes and jewelery
A venue
An officiant
A reception place
Food/beverages
Flowers
A cake
A registery
Decorations
Bridesmaids dresses
A rehersal dinner spot
Invitations
Save the dates
Engagement pictures
And I'm sure a ton of other things that I haven't thought of yet.
HELP!

4 comments:

  1. Do not beat yourself up about not getting married in the church! And you are right, if people judge then they don't need to attend. You and Will know what marriage means to you and you know God's place in your marriage and that's all that matters. And on your wedding day and the days after you will not remember the tears, you will remember Will's face when he sees you walking down the isle. Brennan's face is one of the few things I remember about our wedding day. :-)

    The best advice I received about wedding planing is to think about what you remember about other people's weddings. If you remember their band/DJ or their flowers or the food then that is where you should spend your money. My budget blowers were the band, my dress and the alcohol package. I pretty much let my Mom handle the rest. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, thank you so much, for the words of encouragement and for the advice! To add to all of this, my mom and stepdad moved to Seattle last week! It's been a rough couple of weeks, but I'm finally at a place where I'm ready to move forward. I had always imagined my "perfect wedding" to be in the church, but now I realize that as long as Will is there, it will be the perfect wedding, and that's what matters!
    That is great advice! I've been trying to think of all the other weddings I've been to (including yours!) and list things I liked. I never really thought about budgeting around those things, but it totally makes sense!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren- We are both keeping you and Will in our prayers! Let me know if we can be of any assistance! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more than happy to help with any of the event planning side of things, especially if the wedding is local! I have a few tricks if you need help! I also have a couple of books I'll let you borrow too!

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete