Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beach Week Part 1

My wonderful Uncle Scott and Aunt Judy bought a beautiful house in Seacrest, FL last year, and were kind enough to offer it to us for Spring Break! Feeling very land-locked and missing the sun, I jumped at the chance to stay in the beach house.

After a fun-filled 13 hour drive, Will and I finally arrived. My parents joined us on Monday, as they stayed in Lafayette an extra day.

Will and I took Monday to explore the area of Rosemary Beach and Seacrest. There were so many cute shops and restaurants, and all in walking distance! If you are ever in the area, you should definitely eat at Summer Kitchen Cafe (the pan fried grouper was excellent),

La Creama Tapas and Chocolate (everything was wonderful...except Will's chocolate with pepper, YUK!)


and George's (the salmon BLT was awesome).


We got brave one night and walked the The Sugar Shak...picture this, a small store, packed with lots of kids, a few adults and enough sugar to send you into a diabetic coma!

It was a little chilly to be laying on the beach, but we found lots of fun things to do in the meantime!

The area is VERY bike friendly, so Will and I took the bikes out a few times...of course I chose a baby blue bike with a basket on the front! It was fun looking at all the houses for sale and dreaming of owning one one day.

We drove down to Seaside (only about 15 miles down the road) and walked around all the little shops, which was fun!

Of course, no trip to the beach is complete without a little outlet shopping! I picked up a couple of new pairs of shorts (one really cute madras print pair), a new Polo oxford (like I needed a new one), but my favorite purchase of the day was this:
I have been looking for a silver purse for about 3 years now, and just haven't found one I've loved. I don't usually go in the Coach store (I don't really care for the Coach logo, and the ones without it are usually more than I care to pay for a purse), but my mom texted me and said that Coach had some cute purses. When I walked in, a very nice sales lady handed me a coupon for 20% anything in the store. For those of you who are non-Coach store people, this happens often in the Coach outlet, usually I just end up leaving mine on a table somewhere. We were about to walk out when this silver beauty caught my eye. The original retail price was $375, but it was marked down to $199, add on a 20% discount and I bought myself a $400 purse for $160! I was quite proud of myself! Maybe I'll spend a little more time in the Coach outlet next time!
Stay tuned for more beach pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment