Monday, March 21, 2011

Beach Week Part 2

So while we were at the beach, we actually did go to the beach! Most days there was a cold wind that made it difficult (read: cold) to sit out on the beach in a bathing suit. We did however take lots of walks on the beach during the morning and evenings (my favorite times on the coast). The crystal clear water and the soft, white sand were beautiful! This is what a real beach looks like.
Finally on Thursday, the wind stopped blowing and we were able to lay out on the beach comfortably!
Will decided to dare me to bury him in the sand. I didn't really feel like digging a hole, so I just decided to start dumping sand on him! I think I enjoyed it more than he did...it's amazing he puts up with me at all...

There were several kids (of all ages) building sand castles and sand creations all over the beach, but this one really caught our eyes. It was obviously a time consuming endeavor, and I'm pretty sure a 5 year-old didn't build it. Oh yeah, after I decided to cover Will with sand, he had to go into the FREEZING cold Gulf to wash off...I could have been supportive and gone in with him (since I was the reason he was having to go in in the first place), but I thought it was a much better (read:warmer) idea to take pictures instead! Like I said, it's amazing he puts up with me at al!




4 comments:

  1. I love how you continue to repeat how amazing it is that he puts up with you. Ha. Adam and I are thinking about taking a vacation (with Preslie) to Destin/Seacrest/Seaside in late May, early June. Your pictures just reiterated why we want to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally recommend Seaside or Seacrest. Destin is much more touristy and crowded, but it is just down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um....HELLO! I didn't know you blogged! I'm adding you to my friend list! So excited! Vacay looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete