Saturday, October 22, 2011

A visit with an "old" friend

I've known Nicole since we were freshmen in high school.  We had several classes together and somehow we ended up on the swim team together (although neither of us remember how we actually ended up joining swim team).  We became fast friends and have remained friends ever since.   
See, this is us in high school...Nicole is on the left, I'm in the center...we were cute, weren't we?  

Anyway, we visited each other in college (she went to LSU) and always found time for dinner or something when we were home from school. 

After she graduated from college, she got married and became an adult and stuff.  Her husband moved her around a lot for his job (luckily she is a teacher and easily found work each time they moved).  Each time I talked to her it seemed like it was from a new place.  But eventually, his job landed them in Texas...about 30 minutes from me!  I was thrilled! 

We don't get together as often as we would like to because we both have busy schedules, but when we do get to hang out, it's always a great time!  Sometimes I go to her, sometimes she comes to me, sometimes we meet in the middle!  This past January, another one of our high school friends, Kellee, came to visit me for the weekend and we (Nicole, Kellee, Alli ~ another high school friend who also lives in Dallas, and me) had a great girls night out!
This summer, Nicole and I had been playing phone tag and trying to schedule a get together for quite some time, but with our schedules, one of us was always busy or out of town or something.  When we finally were able to make it work, the first thing I asked her when we sat down for lunch was, "How are you?"  I was expecting a response like "Loving summer" or "Well rested", but no, I get, "Well, I'm pregnant!"  I was soooo excited!  Even more excited when I found out a few weeks later that she would be having a little boy!  A fun little "nephew" to play with!!!  (Hey, I'm the closest "family" she's got!). 

Anyway, I invited Nicole over today to watch the LSU/AUBURN game and just hang out.  We had a great time and I finally got to see her preggo belly!  I can hardly wait for her shower in a few weeks...I have the cutest gift picked out! 
And yes...I must point out that Nicole will turn 30 before I will...only one day before I will, but she's still "older" than me! Hahahahahaha!

Oh and GO RANGERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment