Monday, October 31, 2011

Hullaballo Caneck Caneck

It was quite an exciting weekend in my life...we ventured south on 35 to College Station! 
Earlier this year, when Texas A&M decided to join the bit boys in the SEC, my dad made the comment that he would like to see a game at Kyle Field.  So Will got on-line, bought tickets and my dad flew up for the weekend! 

He arrived on Thursday afternoon, I had to work on Friday, so Will and my dad hung out for the day.  Friday evening, we finalized plans to leave at 8 am on Saturday morning.  See when we bought the tickets, the game was scheduled for 2:30.  My dad even checked on Wednesday afternoon and the game was still set for 2:30.  Those sneaky Aggies though...

Saturday morning, we load up the car and head south on 35.  We made it past Waco with no major issues, traffic was light, it was a beautiful day, it seemed nearly perfect.  My dad made a comment about gametime and Will decided to "triple check".  It's never good when someone who is checking on something says "uh-oh".  Game time had changed to 11 AM, and it was now being televised by FX...sigh...

At that point we realized there was nothing we could do but miss the first quarter of the game.  If you know me, I HATE missing kickoff, so I was annoyed with myself for not checking on Friday. 

The rest of the drive was easy, we parked, rode the shuttle to the stadium and entered with no issues.  We took a potty break, grabbed a snack from consessions and made our way to our seats. We thought we were making great time as the game was still in the 1st quarter.

 As we looked down the row (of course we were on the opposite side of the row), we realized that there wasn't room for us to sit.  My dad found his spot and quickly claimed it, but Will and I were stuck standing in the middle of the row.  Two very nice girls scooted over so we could sit, but did warn us that their boyfriends were coming back soon and those were there seats.  We asked them to get the usher when the boys came up.  Apparently two groups of people decided to switch seats, but not everyone had tickets in the row and the groups were not equal.  The usher very kindly made the idiots who cannot sit in the correct seats move. Of course they fussed and grumbled, but I bluntly kindly reminded them that we paid for our seats too and we deserved to sit in the seats that we paid for. 



Whew, all of this before halftime! 

The halftime show was great!  I really enjoyed watching the band and how intricate their choregraphy was.  All of the band members are also in the Corps of Cadets, so everything was instep and regimented.  If you haven't seen a halftime show at Kyle Field, I highly suggest it!  Be sure to keep an eye on the tuba players!

The rest of the game went off smoothly, well except for the whole A&M blowing another lead thing.  They really need to learn to play a full football game before next year or they may regret joining the SEC, especially the SEC West...

We got to see the campus, and while nothing holds a candle to my Auburn's campus, it was a beautiful campus.  We drove around, found a place to eat, then stopped in Aggieland Outfitters to get some Aggie gear (for the men, not for me). 

All in all it was a great trip!  We had some hiccups, but it was a beautiful day, an exciting game and I had some great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment