Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Things I'm not sorry for

So I got this idea from my fabulous friend Danielle.  She created a post titled "I'm sorry I'm not sorry", so here is my list of things I will NEVER apologize for:

1.  Not liking inconsistency, especially in people.  Don't change with the wind and don't change unless you have great reasons to and can defend those reasons.

2.  I will correct your grammar if you speak incorrectly.  I taught English for six years, it's in my blood. 

3.  Defending the teaching profession- As a former teacher and a person who has many teacher friends, it is a hard profession.  I don't care what age or subject you are teaching, there is nothing easy about working in education.  If a teacher thinks teaching is easy, then they need to leave the profession because they are doing the kids a disservice.  Many of the teachers that I know work just as hard during the 9 months of the school year as others who work year round. 

4.  I think people should have to work with children before having them. 

5.  I don't think going to church makes you a "good (insert your personal religious sect here)".  I don't think not going to church makes you a bad person. 

6.  While I like facebook, I think some people share WAY too much and need to stop.  Very few people care what you had for dinner every night of the week. 

7.  I am old-fashioned, in more ways than one. 

8.  I believe in fixing our own country before looking outward.  ( I kinda stole this one from Danielle, because I wholeheartedly believe it). 

9.  If you really don't like drama, then don't cause it.  I've found most people who say, "Drama seems to follow me," are the ones who create the drama in the first place. 

10.  People need to leave "home" and experience other things.  If you still want to return "home" more power to you, but there is more out there. 

This is the "short list", of course there are more, but that's for another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment