Monday, December 5, 2011

lately

With all my thankfulness, I haven't reallly been posting about what we have been up to!  We have been very busy lately (even though we say we never do anything).  So here you go:

1.  Ziplining
A few months ago, I bought a Groupon to go on a ziplining tour in Roanoke for Will and me.  We have been talking about going for quite awhile, but all the places we looked at were down near Austin, so it would be a weekend trip.  DFW Adventure Park in Roanoke offers paintball, ziplining and other outdoor sports.  Even though the tour was short (about an hour), it was a nice "jumping off point. 



2.  Wedding
Two good friends of ours got married a few weeks ago!  While this wasn't the first wedding we attended together (see the Vegas post this summer), this was the best wedding we have attended together so  far!  There was even an Elvis impersonator!  How do you beat that?!? 

Adrienne, Greer, Amanda, Lindsay and me all dressed up!

See, Elvis!

Me and Will

This is why I ask him not to dance...

Me and my bestie

3.  ICE
Not like snow and ice, ICE at the Gaylord Hotel!  Normally, I run away from cold screaming and crying, but when it comes to ICE, I will pay  let Will pay to be in the COLD (6 degrees) for an extended period of time.  The hotel brings people over from China to carve and sculpt in the medium of ice!   The area that houses the sculptures has to be literally below freezing, obviously, so they give you these huge coats to wear, but I always layer up and wear a coat under their coat (plus the germs on their coats....) 
This year's theme was Shrek the Halls.  Here are a few shots!


Christmas for Village Idiots...that's about right


There's even an ICE slide!

It was sooo cold!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You and Amanda are so cute! xoxo! Well, of course, so are you and Will!

    ReplyDelete