Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Decorations

Today is November 30th and I have NO Christmas decorations up! At first I just claimed laziness and the fact that we were traveling all during Thanksgiving week as the reasons I have no decorations up.  Now, I'm just refusing to put anything up until December! 

I was listening to The Catholic Channel on my new satellite radio (thanks, Daddy) the other day and they were talking about how we are NOT in the Christmas season, we are in the Advent season!  The Christmas season doesn't officially begin until Christmas Eve and goes through January 6th.  A woman called in and made an excellent analogy.  When a woman is pregnant, the family prepares for the new baby little by little,  decorating the nursery doesn't usually happen in one day.  This is how we can view the Advent season as well, decorate and prepare for Christmas little by little.  We shouldn't stress out about how much or how little we have accomplished by a certain time.  We should take it easy and realize that everything doesn't have to be perfect in one afternoon. So now, I'm adding that to the reason I have no decorations up, I'm going to do things little by little to prepare myself for the coming of Christ.   Thanks The Catholic Channel for putting it into perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment