Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A box came in the mail today...

I knew this box was coming today...I waited all day for it.  I couldn't wait to get home, and when I did, it was waiting for me on my doorstep. 

This is the box that was waiting on me.  That's right, I get King Cakes shipped to me.  My Granddad and Nanny love me. 

And this is not just any King Cake...this is a Meche's King Cake!  Meche's is a donut shop in Lafayette that puts Dunkin Donuts to shame.  No other donuts even hold a candle to Meche's.  The shop in Lafayette that I always go to when I am home always has at least 3 cashiers working at all times and there is usually a line behind all 3 cashiers.  On the weekends, they usually have 6 registers open and the line is out the door. 

Yep, Meche's is voted the BEST King Cake and BEST Donut in town!   Meche's includes a history of the king cake, just in case you have been living in a place that doesn't celebrate Mardi Gras, like the place I live now...



And if you are really good, your Nanny sends you Mardi Gras beads in the box!



After unwrapping cutting through 2 layers of packing tape, 2 boxes and 4 layers of saran wrap, I was ready to dive in!






What is that little tan thing on the left?  Why that is the baby!  Every King Cake has a baby.  When I was younger the bakery used to put the baby in the bottom of the cake for you.  The tradition is that who ever go the baby had to bring the next King Cake.  Apparently people are idiots and can't figure out how to chew their food before swallowing it.  People tried to sue bakeries and now they just include the baby on top of the cake and it's the responsibility of the person who brought the cake to place the baby in.  And the babies are quite a bit bigger now...maybe that represents how fat you get after you eat a king cake. 


Soo, I may have forgotten that I am eating healthy and working out more and had a little piece of King Cake...


I may or may not have eaten that whole piece...I'm just saying...

So, I have a huge King Cake that I'm offering out!  If you would like some, stop on by and I will give you a healthy piece.  This stuff freezes well, so you can cut it into smaller pieces and freeze what you don't.  Any takers? It's REALLLLLLLLLY GOOD!

Ok, I'm going to spend the rest of the evening working the King Cake off my butt!


No comments:

Post a Comment