Thursday, January 12, 2012

January New Recipes

Part of my new year's resolution was to try 3 new recipes a month.  I've been doing good latey trying new things, but I wanted some new "go-to" recipes so I am consciously trying new stuff and stepping out of my box.  I didn't get any pictures of these because I didn't think about it because I was too busy cooking, but they were good!
Here are January's recipes:
Italian Turkey burgers
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup dried sundries tomatoes, diced
1 egg
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, dash salt, dash pepper


1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, then shape into 4-6 burger patties (cook faster if smaller).
2. Heat 1/4 tbs of extra virgin olive oil in lg skillet. (you could grill these as well)
3. Cook flipping after side darkens and darken otherside. Be sure to check middle befor removing from oil.
4. Mix a little Italian dressing with mayo, and serve on buns, toppings of your choice. we usually have sweet potato fries as our side of choice.

I "stole" this from my college roommate, Alisha.  Like me she loves to cook and we always had fun cooking together.  Another friend of ours put together a group on Facebook for us to share recipes and Alisha posted this one.  I made the sweet potato fries with it as she suggested and it was a great combination!  It was quick and easy and I will be making this one again. 


Maple Salmon

  • 1/4 cup maple syrup

  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce

  • 1 clove garlic, minced

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt

  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

  • Salmon filets

  • Preheat oven to 400

  • 1.  In a small bowl, whisk together syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt and pepper (I just used syrup, soy sauce, garlic powder, a pinch of salt and and a dash of pepper).
    2.  Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish. 
    3.  Place salmon in dish (if the skin is still on, make sure skin is facing up).  Cover and put in fridge for at least 30 minutes. 
    4.  After marinating, uncover dish and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until fish is cooked fully. 
    Warning...this will make your house smell like pancakes! 

    Spaghetti with tomatoes, black olives, garlic and feta cheese
    1 1/2 lbs of tomatoes (about 3 big ones) seeded and cut into 1/2 in squares
    1/2 cup black olives, pitted
    1/4 lb feta cheese
    3 tbsps capers (drained)
    3 tbsps parsley
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    3/4 lb spaghetti
    6 tbsps olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced

    1.  Combine tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt and pepper in a large glass or stainless steel bowl
    2.  Cook and drain spaghetti
    3.  In a large frying pan, heat olive oil on medium heat.  Add garlic and cook for about a minute.
    4.  Remove frying pan from heat, add spaghetti and tomato mixture and toss until combined. 
    Note: I'm not sure why the material of the bowl matters in step 1, but I used a stainless steel bowl to not upset the recipe gods. 

    I've been finding my recipes on Pinterest and from friends who have posted things to facebook. 
    All of these took 30 minutes or less to prepare!   I highly recommend all three of these recipes and now I can cross January recipes off my new years resolution list!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment