Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions

Yep, it's a new year and time for resolutions again!  While I make resolutions every year, like many people they rarely stick for more than a few weeks.  Not this year though, this year I have a plan!  I have a...

Resolution Calendar!

That's right, a calendar soley created to track my resolutions!  I even created a...

Resolution Spreadsheet!

I listed my resolutions out and made checkpoints for each month for me to track whether I completed my goal for that month.  I am such a calendar/checkpoint person anyway, I can't believe that I didn't think of this sooner! 

None of my resolutions are really anything worth writing home about (but apparently they are worth blogging about, go figure), but I'm content with them.  In no particular order they are:
  • Make better daily choices (choosing to see the good)
  • Workout at least 3x/week for at least 30 minutes per session (hopefully it will be more, but I thought I would start small)
  • Save more money (targeted goal each month)
  • Try new recipes at home (3 new ones per month)
  • Do the things I put off from last year: use my camera more, learn photoshop, learn to sew and actually use my sewing machine
  • Read at least 50 books this year (I'm hoping that since I no longer have to worry about my masters classes, I can focus more on reading things I enjoy
  • "Unplug" more.  While I would like to say go "electronic free" more, I realized that would mean no music, so I'm just going to go computer/tv/phone free more.  I'm not sure how I'm going to track that, but it's a goal. 
Happy New Year!

2 comments: