Friday, November 4, 2011

Dessert Night

Last night, I invited my good friend Greer over for some wine, desserts and girl time.  The best part of course was the time we just spent hanging out and talking, but I must say, the desserts were great too! 

Since I've been a little obsessed with Pinterest lately, I decided to try a couple of new recipes out, and I did a stellar job, if I do say so myself! 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Turnovers

I used frozen puff pastry.  Make sure you defrost it first! While it's defrosting preheat your oven to 400. 


Unfold the pastry and then cut into 3 strips- then cut the 3 strips in half so you have 6 pieces.  Place a graham cracker and some peanut butter on each piece. 

Add chocolate pieces on top of the peanut butter- I used dark chocolate, but that's just my personal preference. 

Dampen the edges of the pastry with a little water (I just dipped my finger in water and ran it along the edges).  Fold over, "seal" the pastry and crimp with a fork. 

Brush each pastry with egg wash and pop them into your oven for about 15 minutes.   
I topped them with marshmellow cream (heated in the microwave for a few seconds to soften), but they are so good you don't need to top with anything!

S'mores Crossiants
I made these at the same time, so my oven was already preheated. 
I used Pilsbury crossiants in the can...it's much easier than making your own. 
 

Roll them up like a normal crossiant and bake until golden brown! 


I don't have pictures of what they look like when everything comes out of the oven...Greer came over and we got caught up in chit-chatting. 
Trust me, they looked GOOD!!!
Happy baking!

Roll out the crossiants and place chocolate and marshmellows on each one~ again, I used dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment