Saturday, November 12, 2011

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart 12

Today I am thankful that I have ALWAYS had a comfortable roof over my head.  Never in my life have I ever had to wonder where I would sleep, would i have a bed, would I have food to eat and would I be warm enough.  I have always had a room to myself and a space to keep all my belongings.  I have always felt safe and secure where I lived.  I've never been scared that when I go to bed at night or when I leave my house during the day, that something would happen.  Based on that fact alone, I know I have been blessed. 

I have so many comforts and so much more than I need in my home.  I know I am very lucky to have a job that allows me to not only buy things that I need to survive, but also to purchase things that make my home a home.  I'm also blessed to have a family that helped me buy my first home and really make it a space that I can be proud of and feel comfortable and safe in.  My parents and grandparents not only helped me find my first house, they helped me with the down payment and helped me furnish it with amazing furniture.  My dad has made all the furniture in my bedroom, and I know that is something that I will always treasure.  My mom and Wayne have bought me or helped me pick out my dining room furniture and my living room furniture.  

I'm also thankful that I get to celebrate two blessings today: Nicole's baby shower for her baby boy who will be born in January, and witnessing the sacrament of marriage between Lisa and Charlie this evening!  A full day of celebrating new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment