Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart 16

Today I am thankful for my independence.  I don't mean the kind given to me by others willing to lay down their life for our country, I mean the ability to rely on myself. 

I learned the value of independence at a very early age, after my parents' divorce when I was 5.  My mom and I moved back to Louisiana and she had to find her own path in the world and raise a young child at the same time.  I always knew I wanted to be self-sufficient and know that I could take care of myself no matter what.  I wanted to stand on my own two feet and blaze my own trail. 

I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I can take care of myself.  I have learned so many life lessons since I've left college and started life on my own.  Of course I've had help from others, especially my wonderful family, but I know that if I had to, I could hold my own and I love that about myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment