Monday, November 7, 2011

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart 6 and 7

Well, it's only day 7 and already I've messed up...but I have good reason!  Yesterday (day 6) I drove from home to here (Lafayette, old home) for my grandfather's surgery.  He finished bladder cancer treatments about a month ago and his scans came back inconclusive, so they wanted to biopsy to make sure everything was ok.  Surgery went well this morning and we were back home resting by noon!  He's been a great patient so far, following all directions and drinking lots of water. 

So without further adieu:
Day 6~ I'm thankful for a reliable vehicle that takes me where I need to be, especially when that place I need to be is one (or three) states over.  Oh, and I'm thankful it doesn't guzzle gas...gas here is so much more expensive!

Day 7~ I'm thankful for the amazing food in Louisiana!  It's amazing I'm still alive after living in Texas for so long and being deprived of really fresh seafood and places like Meche's, Deano's, Olde Tyme and Judice Inn.  And no mother, I haven't eaten all that yet...but I still have two days here to check off the list!
I'm also thankful that tomorrow I will be running around town collecting things to bring back like boudain, Keller's cookies and Blue Runner red beans...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that your grandfather's surgery went well! I am thankful for that for you! :)

    ReplyDelete